“Top 10?s” You May Have Missed
Gene Lalor | January 11, 2014
It’s now almost two weeks into 2014 and we’ve all had enough of what someone thinks were the top ten somethings either of 2013 or of something else.
However, here are some “Top 10′s” and plain old “tops” you may have missed beginning with the only-somewhat exaggerated views of the writers on the “Late Show with Dave Letterman” regarding Obamacare followed by a more serious “Ten People, Groups, and Countries Thrown Under Obama’s Bus in 2013,” “The Dumbest Criminals of 2013,” and the “Top 10 Media Hate-Crime Hoaxes of 2013.”
“Top Ten Indicators Your Employer Has Changed To The Obamacare Health Care Plan”
(10) Your annual breast exam is done at Hooters.
(9) Directions to your doctor’s office include “Take a left when you enter the trailer park.”
(8) The tongue depressors taste faintly of Fudgesicles.
(7) The only proctologist in the plan is “Gus” from Roto-Rooter.
(6) The only item listed under Preventative Care Coverage is “an apple a day.”
(5) Your primary care physician is wearing the pants you gave to Goodwill last month.
(4) “The patient is responsible for 200% of out-of-network charges,” is not a typographical error.
(3) The only expense covered 100% is…”Embalming.”
(2) Your Prozac comes in different colors with little M’s on them.
(1) You ask for Viagra and they give you a Popsicle stick and duct tape.
“Ten People, Groups, and Countries Thrown Under Obama’s Bus in 2013.” Breitbart.com’s Kerry Pickett had a challenging task narrowing that list to a mere ten but nails it with Obama blaming the Secret Service for cancelling White House tours in March, screwing Egypt’s President Morsi and America in July, and blocking access to the Veterans Memorial during the government shutdown in October. (Read the rest at http://tinyurl.com/obmx6c9.)
“The Dumbest Criminals of 2013.” Warner Todd Huston had an even tougher job choosing this crew on MrConservative.com considering all the competition. Still, he managed to pick as Numero Uno Texan Derrick Mosley, whom Huston describes as “an Einstein of the underworld, to be sure” for thinking it was smart to hold up a gun store “armed with a baseball bat.” (See the video of all the “winners” here http://tinyurl.com/ko5wwx3.)
“Top 10 Media Hate-Crime Hoaxes of 2013.” Also on Breitbart, John Nolte writes that last year “there were ten–ten!–bogus hate crimes . . . that received serious local and/or national media traction before being debunked as hoaxes.” His hoax list begins with the mainstream media’s “framing of George Zimmerman,” and includes Oprah’s $38,000 purse, and various racist and homosexual liars looking for empathy with their slanders. (http://tinyurl.com/mubaj8g)
Unfortunately, there is little expectation that 2014 will herald an era in which President Obama admits his Obamacare legacy is fraudulent or that he will cease blaming others for his mistakes or that he will begin looking out for America’s national interests. There is even less expectation that criminals will get smarter or that Obama’s mainstream media will begin reporting just the news instead of spreading false rumors. I just hope that hope still springs eternal.
Contributor's website: http://www.genelalor.com/
Content posted by users from other sites is posted for commentary and news purposes under fair use and each author is responsible for their own postings and a particular posting should not be construed as being endorsed by this site or its owner.