Politcoâ€™s Full Court Press to Destroy Paul Ryan
Warner Todd Huston | August 23, 2012
Politico seems to have decided where it stands on Paul Ryan. On its main page on the afternoon of August 15, the news site seemed to carry a single message: Paul Ryan is a bad, bad man and Romney made a big mistake picking him as his wingman.
Ryan is slammed in a dozen stories on Politicoâ€™s main page. Heâ€™s either personally bad, reflects badly on Romney, or he makes his Party look bad. In fact, on this day there was only one sort of positive story about Paul Ryan that appears on Politicoâ€™s main page.
One story even ridicules him for having appeared too many times on the campaign trail dressed almost the same as Mitt Romney. Seriously. Politico is even now trying to attack Romney and Ryan over how they dress!
Here is a listing of the Ryan is bad stories:
- How Ryan spurned deficit commission
- Ryan no help to Romney with Hispanics
- Romneyâ€™s VP pick lays out a road divided
- Obama attacks Mitt-Ryan on Medicare
- Tom Reynolds warns on Medicare (Ryan pick is bad for publicity)
- Romney and Ryan: Fashion twins
- Boehner tries to calm House GOP (Over Ryanâ€™s budget ideas)
- Beneath â€˜Mediscareâ€™ talk, whoâ€™s right?
- Press restrictions on Ryan trail (whining about how bad Ryanâ€™s aides are)
- GOP pros fret over Ryan
- Romney/ Ryan Medicare plan (Jay Leno slamming the GOP)
- Obama hits Romney/Ryan on Medicare (Video)
And the Positive Ryan Stories:
- Poll: Small post-Ryan bump for Mitt
On the purported positive story, note that the headline goes out of its way to call the polling bump â€œsmallâ€ as if it is inconsequential? Yeah, we donâ€™t want people excited that Romney/Ryan got a bump in the polls, do we?
So, Politico has decided. Paul Ryan brings nothing good to the ticket and there just isnâ€™t a single thing out there to report that puts him in a positive light. Imagine that?
Contributor's website: http://thenma.org/blogs/index.php/huston
Content posted by users from other sites is posted for commentary and news purposes under fair use and each author is responsible for their own postings and a particular posting should not be construed as being endorsed by this site or its owner.